Personal Data (Privacy) Policy Statement
- Purpose for collection of personal information
- When the user uses the Company's service, interacts and communicates with Codeco, the information collected from you by Codeco (including your personal information and data usage of the application) will be used for the following purposes:
- providing, maintaining and improving the daily operation of the Company's service;
- providing products and service, delivering relevant information, developing new features, offering client support, developing security features, verifying user’s identity, delivering product updates and managing messages;
- handling and following up on service requests, enquiries, applications and complaints;
- providing the user with information, marketing and promotional materials (including products, service, discounts, news and events of Codeco);
- contacting the user regarding the administrative notice of the Company;
- performing internal operation, including service abuse prevention, software troubleshooting, and resolution of operational issues;
- compiling and analysing the data generated by using the service provided by the Company;
- performing data analysis, testing and research; and
- monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends.
- Disclosure or transmission of personal information
- The Company may disclose and/or transfer the user's personal information and/or data to the third party under the following circumstances:
- where the Company's terms and conditions of service allow;
- to protect the Company and defend its rights, property and legitimate rights and interests;
- to protect the system security of the Platform;
- to protect the legitimate rights and interests of other users or the third party;
- if you violate the law, infringe the rights of the third party or breach the Company's terms and conditions of service;
- the Company complies with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the compliance with judicial process or court orders; and
- when the Company maintains and improves its service and considers necessary.
- The Company may disclose and/or transfer the user's personal information and/or data to the third party for reasons set forth in this policy statement, including but not limited to:
- the Company's partner contractors, technicians and designers, renovation and design service providers such as partner renovation companies and design companies, their affiliates and other branches;
- governmental agencies such as the Hong Kong Police Force, Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department, the Immigration Department of Hong Kong or the Independent Commission Against Corruption;
- legal counsel (including but not limited to lawyers and foreign lawyers), accountants of the Company, or legal service or other professional consultants entrusted by the user;
- (If the client fails to repay the due payment to the Company) the debt-collection agency; and
- third-party service providers that provide administrative, technical, marketing or other support to the Company's service.
- Unless otherwise stated above, the Company will not disclose and/or transfer the personal information and/or data of the user to other third parties for the marketing activities of such third parties.
- Personal information collected may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Hong Kong. By using the Platform, the user is deemed to have agreed and authorised the Company to disclose and/or transfer his/her personal information and data to external parties under the above circumstances.
- Review or revise your personal information
- If the user wishes to review or revise his/her personal information, the Company may request the user to provide personal information for verification and confirmation of his/her identity. The Company strives to respond within a reasonable period of time upon the receipt of the user’s requests and grant access for his/her review or revision.
- Cookies and log files
- When the user accesses the Platform, the Company only records the user's visit to the Platform, and such records do not include the user's personal information. The Platform's server software will record the user’s browsing data, track the pages the user visits and store such data in Cookies. The data includes but not limited to Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- The Company uses the Company's Cookies and third-party Cookies, such as the Google Analytics Cookies, to optimise the service of the Company and serve as marketing materials. The information and data automatically collected in the above manner will not be used to identify the user's personal information or identity.
- Links to other websites, media platforms and applications
- Retention of personal information
Once the Company has obtained the user's personal information and/or data, it will remain in the Company's database. Subject to legal requirements, the personal information and/or data of the user will be retained by the Company until the user requests the Company in writing to erase his/her own personal information and/or data from the Company's database. Please note that the personal information of the user may be retained by Codeco after deletion of his/her account in accordance with the legal requirements and to the extent permitted by law.
- Applicable laws and validity
If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us with the following information:
Phone: 5507 5535
Last updated on: 3 February, 2017